Title: OSHA Workshop 5
Overview: OSHA requires that all healthcare employers maintain a written Exposure Control Plan. The plan must include a risk analysis, Hepatitis B vaccinations, follow-up procedures, an evaluation of safer sharps and training. The 2-hour update includes the following topics: Health Care Worker Safety and Health, Common Hazards from Bloodborne Pathogens Associated with Medical & Dental Offices, Compliance with OSHA Regulations, Emerging Infectious Diseases and Q & A. OSHA requires that your plan be reviewed; that the newest technology be reviewed, and that training is repeated on an annual basis.
- Date: July 18, 2012
- Schedule: 10:00 a.m. to Noon
- Target Audience: All Members
- Speaker: Sukhvir Kaur, Compliance Assistance Specialist, OSHA-Chicago North Office. Ms. Kaur has disclosed that she does not have any relevant financial relationships with commercial interests.
- Location: Chicago Medical Society Building, 33 W. Grand Avenue, Chicago, IL 60654
- CME Credits: 2.0
CMS Member $89.00
CDS Member $99.00
- Questions: Please contact Elvia Medrano at email@example.com or 312-670-2550 x338.
Chicago Medical Society’s Planning Members’ Disclosures: The following planning members of the Chicago Medical Society’s CME Committee have disclosed that they do not have any relevant financial relationships with commercial interests: Vickie Becker MD, Chairman, Robert Rodrigues, MD, Planning Member, Bapu Arekapudi, MD, Vijay Yeldandi, MD, Course Director, and Cecilia Merino, Director of Education.
Accreditation Statement: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME). The Chicago Medical Society is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation Statement: The Chicago Medical Society designates this live activity for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.